Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tyler Schleich and the Three Chairs.....

Now you have all heard of the Story of "Goldie Locks and the Three Bears" right? If you haven't, you are either reading this blog because you are from Sao Paulo and did not read that as a child, or you have been living in the United States, but under a rock. Its a story about a girl who wanders into a small cabin where three bears live and she tries out three chairs, three bowls of porridge, and three beds. Even if you don't know the story, you can understand the concepts of "everything bad happens in 3's" or perhaps "the third time is the charm"?
As you know if you have been staying current on my blog, Ive had some back issues for about the last two weeks. I was all squared away and feeling good prior to my 10 hour flight but its been downhill since then. It gets better at times and then gets worse at times. The biggest issue I have had this week is sitting for long periods of time and finding a chair that does not lead to worsening the condition of muscle knots, spasms, and tightness. If you have ever had a back issues, you realize how uncomfortable it can be and that often times nothing works and you just wait it out. The dehydration of the plane ride, the lack of available water for the first day here, and as well as my being out of shape again, have all contributed to my troubles.

However, a shining light through all of this has been the courtesy of the company I am working at. Similar to the post I made on the shrinking airplane seat, you realize that a good chair during a 10-11 work day can make a world of difference. The first chair I was using was only capable of holding about half my body which undoubtedly led to some pain, therefore I switched chairs with a spare chair at a conference table. That was fine for awhile and then it became an issue as well. Third time is the charm right? My Entrepreneur offered to buy a new chair that is big and comfortable enough for me . Those that know me well, know that I do not like to have things bought for me or things done for me by others, so I was reluctant at first but took him up on this offer. Today, the Finance Manager and I went to a store today to go chair shopping, and I must say who knew there were so many choices for a chair. This store did not carry the world famous Herman Miller office chair, that's right its the greatest chair known to mankind, but after some browsing around and much deliberation, we settled on a nice black leather chair. This proved that the story of "Tyler Schleich and the Three Chairs" has a happy ending (thanks to Brazilian hospitality). Now time to find some porridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment