Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Photo of The Week:

Just over a week ago, I had the opportunity to meet up with my friend Daniel Carlini and his wife for Sao Paulo style pizza and a beer. At dinner we discussed how unlike in the U.S., here in Sao Paulo, you could drink a beer walking down the street. Daniel worked in Cleveland for a couple of years and said that sometimes it still feels odd if he drinks a beer outside of a restaurant or bar now that he is back in Sao Paulo. So, one of my favorite sayings "When in Rome" suddenly transformed to "When in Sao Paulo".

We grabbed a couple of beers to go and headed down the street to my hotel. As we walked through a mall drinking our beers, Daniel mentioned I should get a picture of me drinking in the street. To add to the picture, we noticed a Police car just outside of the mall. So as any great explorer would do, I took a picture with Police car in the background, while I drank my beer in the street, in front of the Police. Cheers Sao Paulo.


Its legal to drink in the street, even in front of the Police, in Sao Paulo

No comments:

Post a Comment